Work in a global team of database administrators as the MongoDB Solution Expert – the crew is managing and administering more than 600 databases on more than 140 servers.
An expert level knowledge of MongoDB administration is mandatory.
Working knowledge administering Microsoft SQL Server 2005 through 2017 is required; knowledge of other DBMS and database development will be an added advantage.
The candidate will be responsible for and should have experience in the following areas:
Backup administration: Backup and restore MongoDB databases within different servers.
Security administration: User management, security hardening and auditing.
Redundancy and High Availability Planning and Design.
Development Team Support and Advisory.
Microsoft SQL Server
Checking for installed SQL Server version and install required updates and patches.
Troubleshooting, optimizing and configuring SQL Server database servers for performance and availability.
Should have good working knowledge with SQL Server Cluster, Mirroring and Availability Group
Should have adequate experience with SQL Server replication technologies.
Should have knowledge on capacity management and maintenance of transaction log files.
The ideal candidate should have knowledge developing and optimizing SQL queries.
The suitable candidate should possess great self-organizational skills and autonomy, able to work in a virtual/global and multi-cultural team and able to work effectively and efficiently under stress.
The candidate should be result-oriented with affinity towards precision and quality.
The job may demand 10 hours of stand-by time per month and will include weekend activity from time to time.
3+ years of experience working with MongoDB and SQL Server databases.
Additional experience as database developer with advanced query writing skills, working experience with SSIS and SSRS deployment and development will be considered as an added advantage and short listed. Working knowledge JSON, PowerShell and/or Python is desired.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree preferred) from a recognized and accredited university or equivalent qualification, skills and certification.
- 3+ years of experience as database developer and administrator.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent certification. Master’s degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Skills administering, installing and configuring MongoDB mandatory.
- Working experience with MS SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, 2016 and2017.
- Experience with Oracle, MySQL, Progress and Pervasive (PSQL) will be a plus, but not desired.
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery knowledge with SHARDing, Replication, SQL Cluster Administration, Mirroring, Availability Group.
- MongoDB and MS SQL Server monitoring and performance tuning using MongoDB management console, SQL profiler, Perfmon, and Extended events.
- Working knowledge of data migration and integration using SSIS (desired), reporting using SSRS (desired) and analysis using SSAS (added advantage).
- Very good knowledge on JSON and TSQL query building and query optimization.
- Must be fluent in English reading and writing.
- Autonomous, self-organized, result-oriented and team player
Gehalt: 60-68K + 10% Bonus