Position: Service Delivery Manager and Manager Application support
Unit: GB Technology
Reports to: Head of Service Delivery
Location: Vienna, Austria
Nature and aim of the position
The Service Delivery Manager and Manager Application support is responsible for:
- Managing the Application Support team (Client Solution Support) and all Issuing Related Services
- measuring and improving the end-to-end performance of the Application Support function against agreed Service Level Agreements and business targets
- reduce and resolve any errors in the services
- Problem Management
- key element of the role is to maintain a strong relationship with the business owners of the services (customers) and the Application support teams (delivery)
This position is a stakeholder facing position and requires that you manage expectations within the business and drive IT teams to achieve those expectations to a high standard.
The immediate focus is developing the required methods and practices (incl. quality reporting) for the GB application stacks in scope.
The holder of the position is responsible for the management of the Application Support Team Issuing ensuring all objectives of individuals and managed teams are met and should be able to step in hands on if required.
Main duties and responsibilities
People & Relations
- Lead, manage and mentor 1 Support team of senior support engineer located in different time zones.
- Dealing with customer and vendor relations.
- Motivating, organizing, and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met.
- Determine the need for travel and training.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring and staffing.
- Ensure time-sheet approval and performance evaluation of all staff according to GBIT standards.
- Develop a close working relationship with all other Infrastructure and Operation teams to define quality standards and measurable improve overall IT service delivery.
- Partner with other GBIT internal leads (CTO, Quality Assurance, Product Management, Engineering, Enterprise Architecture, IT Security).
- Create and drive an ethos of continual service improvement, proactively identifying and implementing improvements as necessary.
- Financial Impact analysis
- Drive and perform root cause analysis
- Coordinate resolution through 2nd and 3rd Level support
- Transfer of high-level business requests/ideas to detailed business requirements and technical requirements for development teams
- Responsible for ensuring the support teams deliver value as a resolver group (including key project delivery responsibilities) and that they operate seamlessly as part of the IT operations domain.
- Utilizing appropriate industry best practices (e.g. ITIL framework), develop key processes, procedures, artefacts and standards appropriate for application service support and the GB IT system landscape.
- Definition, implementation and adherence to appropriate measurements and metrics (KPIs, OKRs).
- Definition, Implementation and monitoring of appropriate SLAs and/or OLAs to support delivery of service excellence.
- Regular board level reporting of application and team performance to key stake holders.
- Mentoring and supporting individuals with key process responsibilities.
- Certify and approve product releases for production readiness and define corrective measurements if standards are not met.
- Build, select, and maintain application service delivery tooling, including (but not limited to) monitoring and automation.
- Oversee all project and release plans, application designs and resource requirements (human and technical) to ensure that function is aligned with GB project portfolio and prioritization.
Reporting and collaboration
The Manager Application Service Delivery and Service Improvement reports directly to the Head of Service Delivery. The position is based in Vienna (preferred).
The holder of the position has direct reports in Vienna, London and Singapore. Regular traveling is mandatory.
The position requires close collaboration within GB IT to other Managers and has cross functional interactions to other divisions in Global Blue.
Profile and education
- Master or Bachelor's degree in IT or technology related field (or equivalent practical experience).
- Excellent English language skills (oral & written). German is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and team skills, including the ability to work effectively with multinational contacts (senior management, IT development, project management) and team members.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Good presentation and negotiation skills.
- Independent, pro-active, goal-oriented, strategic thinking and self-motivating personality.
- High quality standards, accuracy and high risk awareness.
- Ability to manage and respond to changes in priorities.
- Experience in project management - roll-out of new processes.
- Work experience within an international/multicultural environment.
- Proven capability of effectively managing and developing high-performing teams.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization with teams (desirable: distributed in different time zones).
- Experience of managing 3rd party and service providers including contract management.
- Knowledge of the latest IT trends, best practices, innovations and developments.
- Experience of Agile and SCRUM methodology.
Specific skills and knowledge
- 3+ years as a manager or director of a similar function.
- Experience in defining and documenting SLAs and OLAs.
- Technical understanding on state of the art technologies
- Experience of developing and implementing ITIL best practices and service delivery processes with measurable results.
- Ability to manage supplier performance and obligations.
- Strong understanding of ITIL processes, likely backed up by intermediate qualifications (ideally those associated with delivery of Service Operation / Operational Support).
- Experience of service improvement, with the ability to improve and implement any enhancements.
- The ability to identify and understand complex issues and inter relationships to draw sound conclusions.
- The desire to succeed and deliver in a challenging environment through both self and the team.
- The ability to anticipate events and actions and take the appropriate steps in advance to position the team to be able to deal with issues before they arise.
- The ability to manage performance and take proactive actions to address areas before they affect business results.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels from junior team members to senior managers within the organisation.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead and inspire the team.
- Ideally from a development, requirement engineering or business background.
- Ability to support the development of operational and strategic road maps with the business and IT architecture/engineering teams.
- Excellent IT process modelling and process re-engineering skills.
As an employee of Global Blue, you will receive an outstanding total compensation and performance-related salary plan depending on your professional and personal qualifications. As we believe your compensation goes beyond your pay check, we offer a competitive salary plus yearly bonus, as well as a wide range of other perks and benefits:
- Work in fast growing international company
- Most state of the art office environment
- Development and potential to grow
- Multi-cultural environment
- Inspiring colleagues from many different countries
- Employee referral program
- Employee suggestion program
- Teambuilding, Team events, Christmas Party