The holder of this position will be responsible for the creation, maintenance and execution of quality ensuring and promoting measures like reviews and tests.
Reporting to Quality Assurance Manager and Development Lead the successful candidate will be part of a team and contribute his/her efforts towards the goals set forth for the team in alignment with the guidelines and quality and test strategy set forth by the QA organization. He/she will continuously focus on the quality of the products the team produces as well as the overall functioning of our systems and processes.
As a QA Engineer, you already have the ability to understand complex system architecture, pinpoint both high and low-level problem areas, and influence solutions and optimization while staying current on development and test trends, methodologies and standards. Through your career, you have demonstrated the ability to challenge the status quo that leads to continuous innovation and efficiencies that positively impact across the entire product line.
We´d love to have you join our team and help us achieve our goals by developing and deep understanding of system and application requirements while applying the best test strategies and latest technical solutions.
The successful candidate will carry out the duties and take over the responsibilities laid out below for the products and assigned components:
- Review incoming test basis artefacts (eg. user stories, specs, etc.) for readiness, verifiability and other quality criteria, including DoR.
- Create, maintain and execute manual and automated tests based on test basis artefacts based on the general test and the test automation strategy. These tests concern functional as well as non-functional (quality) criteria of the systems under test.
- Create and maintain test data.
- Become and stay an expert in the setup, configuration and usage of the systems to be tested.
- Perform deployments for testing purposes.
- Understand the business processes and business needs supported by the System under test in a way to perform reasonable exploratory testing.
- Provide reasonable quality information and test reporting on the system under test.
- Coordinate with the team, the QA organisation, the Product Owner and other stakeholders
- Appropriate reporting.
Experience and Education
- University degree or apprenticeship in technical sector
- English language – fluent written and spoken
- Min. 3-5 years of experience in testing or development in Agile environment
- Solid understanding of review and testing processes
- Scripting / programming knowledge – JAVA preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL and RDBMS
- IT administration knowledge
- Non-functional Testing knowledge
- Test automation/test framework know how is an asset
- Knowledge and/or experience in finance/payment industry is a plus.
- Analytical and pragmatic at the same time in defining and efficient processes and solutions
- Independent and self-motivated personality
- Enjoys working in a multi-cultural environment
- Flexible and ingenuous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
- Excellent problem solving skills
Global Blue offers a fast-paced, team environment. You will receive an outstanding total compensation and performance-related salary plan depending on your professional and personal qualifications. As we believe your compensation goes beyond your pay check, we offer a competitive salary plus yearly bonus, as well as a wide range of other perks and benefits:
- Work in fast growing international company
- Most state of the art office environment
- Multi-cultural environment
- Inspiring colleagues from many different countries
- Employee referral program
- Employee suggestion program
- Teambuilding, Team events, Christmas Party